Because of pandemic countries worldwide are restricting the travel of their people to contain the further spread of the Coronavirus or COVID-19. Here in the Philippines, people living in some areas that have a lower level of restriction or those that are declared under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) or Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) can now travel within the country.
However, unlike the normal travel that we used to back in the days that COVID does not exist yet. There are now protocols to follow which I listed down below. Note that this may change without prior notice and are general requirements only. Make sure you read the requirements of the destination location especially if there is an increase of COVID cases as well as always keep posted to the news and legitimate sources.
- The first thing that you need to do is visit this site https://s-pass.ph/visitors/are_you_travelling
- Fill-out the questionnaire from that site and it will determine the specific requirements of the destination LGU as well as it’s rating (restricted or unrestricted).
- From that site as well you can generate your Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP) by registering and applying.
- Once approve, you need to secure RT-PCR Negative Result Certificate (saliva, nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal) with date of extraction within 72 hours to date of travel. Click here for the LICENSED testing lab in the country
- Book your accommodation and secure the copy of a confirmed booking slip/form. Make sure to keep in touch with your hotel.
- Make sure you have your round trip ticket and of course valid ID
This pandemic will surely pass-by so for now we will all just brave this one, follow the protocols in traveling, dining, transportation, and other activities outside your home to protect yourself and your family from COVID-19. Safetrip everyone!